Display WFS LAYER from Geoserver as a Map

Fabio D' Ovidio fabio.dovidio at PLANETEK.IT
Mon Jan 9 11:03:49 EST 2006

Hi all,
I have configured MapServer as WMS Server and WFS client
in order to fetch only one WFS layer from GeoServer. The Map file is :
MAP
   NAME "regioni"
   STATUS ON
   SIZE 800 600
   WEB
     IMAGEPATH "\\wolf\Inetpub\wwwroot\applicazioni\temp\"
     IMAGEURL "//wolf/Inetpub/wwwroot/applicazioni/temp/"
     METADATA
    "wms_title"           "WMS Demo Server"
    "wms_onlineresource"  "http://localhost/cgi-
bin/mapserv?map=regioni_WFS_GEOSERVER.map&"
    "wms_srs"             "EPSG:4030"
  END
   END
   EXTENT -722566 3.86573e+006 1.3639e+006 5.28367e+006
   UNITS meters
   IMAGECOLOR 255 255 255
   IMAGETYPE png
    PROJECTION
    "init=epsg:4030"
   END
LAYER
  NAME "regioni"
  CONNECTIONTYPE WFS
  CONNECTION
"http://localhost:8080/geoserver/wfs?request=getfeature&service=wfs&version=1.0.0&typen
ame=regioni"
  METADATA
    "wms_title"    "regioni"
  END
  TYPE POLYGON
  STATUS on
  CLASS
    NAME "regioni"
    COLOR 207 150 123
    OUTLINECOLOR 90 229 210
  END
END
END

The WMS request I made to the server is :

http://localhost/cgi-
bin/mapserv.exe?map=C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\applicazioni\applicazioni_file\regioni_WFS_GEO
SERVER.map&VERSION=1.1.1&REQUEST=GetMap&LAYERS=regioni

and the only thing that the server returns me is a gml file in the  IMAGEPATH directory.

I want to Know if is it possible and how to display a WFS layer (from GeoServer) as a map
on the monitor doing a WMS request to MapServer in the  way I have described ??

If NO, how can transalte the gml file in a shape file to display ???

Thank u much !