Projection WGS84 in decimal degree

zze-SIGALE PORTANERI F ext RD-BIZZ-SOP fportaneri.ext at RD.FRANCETELECOM.COM
Wed Jan 11 07:20:02 EST 2006

Hi all,

I have a set of WGS84 data points that come from GPS system in decimal
degree longitude/latitude coordinates.
I would like to display them with mapserver using a mapfile which
already define several layers in Lambert II.

I did specified the global projection in the mapfile for Lambert II
etendu :

PROJECTION
"init=epsg:27582"
END

The GPS LAYER describing the WGS84 data includes the projection
definition for the WGS84 :
LAYER
  NAME "GPS"
  PROJECTION
    "init=epsg:4326"
  END
END
But points are not displayed at the right place (at about 200km far
away)  :-(
Apparently, the 4326 epsg definition considers longitude/latitude
coordinates in Degree/Minute/Second, while my data are in Decimal
Degrees.

So I tried to specify the following in the GPS layer :

PROJECTION
"proj=longlat"
"ellps=WGS84"
"datum=WGS84"
"units=dd"
END

but mapserver returns: "Error in msProcessProjection(): unknown unit
conversion id"
The prog -lu command doesn't list the "dd" unit...
How to display longlat data in Decimal Degree under Mapserver?

Regards
FP