Mapfile - 50 Layers Maximum ?

Ken Lord kenlord at GMAIL.COM
Sat Jan 14 15:23:46 EST 2006

Would it be possible to make the max layers value a parameter that is
set at the top of your map file? ... compiled with a default value,
but settable to a higher value when needed?  Or would that introduce
inefficencies into the memory management?

I think those of us who live in the Windows world and are 'compile
challenged'  tend to bump into this problem ... in a less trivial way,
and this seems to pop up on the list every few months.

Cheers,
Ken Lord
Vancouver BC