WMS Source for Orthoimages

Ed McNierney ed at TOPOZONE.COM
Wed Jan 18 19:10:15 EST 2006

Chip -

Well, I think ours is rather good <g>.  TopoZone provides WMS services for
complete USGS DOQQ and High-Resolution Urban Area orthoimagery (topo maps,
too).  All the imagery is uncompressed and is served at the full original
resolution, in the full original color depth (black and white, true color,
or color infrared).  We serve the data in any popular projection, seamlessly
across UTM zones, to a variety of clients.

This is a production-level imagery service, and is not free.  If you¹re
interested in more information, please contact me off-list.  I am not aware
of any other free WMS service (other than TerraServer, that is) that
provides DOQQ imagery on a nationwide basis.  There are some state-level
services out there.

     - Ed

Ed McNierney
TopoZone.com