GEOS integration questions

Thu Jan 19 11:34:39 EST 2006

The only GEOS methods exposed are convex hull and a buffer. I didn't
want to go nuts until I received some feedback about the usefulness of
that type of functionality. They are not difficult to add. Are there specific
operators you are interested in and would be willing to test? Let me know
if so and we can work in the 4.9 branch.

A full list of operators supported by GEOS is available at geos.refractions.net.

As for mapfile integration. My idea was to expose a few operators that
work of a single shape (e.g. buffer, convex hull, etc...) via the PROCESSING
block that is currently used for defining raster operations. That way you
could basically apply a GEOS operator to all features of a particular layer as
they are read from the data source- for any data source.

Steve

>>> listuser HH <listuser at HERZSYS.DE> 01/19/06 5:49 AM >>>
Hello all,

I would like to know how much of the GEOS functions (and which) are
already available in the MapScript API and in PHP MapScript. I found
only intersects and cointains for both. The shapeObj in PHP Mapscript
also has buffer and convexhull.

Can someone tell me what the plans for including more of the GEOS
functions are?

Are there plans to use some functions (i.e. buffer) directly in the mapfile?

Are there any docs that give some more information?

Regards

Norbert