Cluster/Supercomputer/HPC variants of Mapserver

Ed McNierney ed at TOPOZONE.COM
Fri Jan 20 07:33:09 EST 2006

Biz -

We were all talking about optimization of the data sets, not the code.

It is not clear that your "parallelism" approach described below will
help very much.  It is quite possible that it will make things worse.
There are quite a few high-performance MapServer implementations in
existence already; you seem to be under the impression that your
application is quite unusual, and that may not be the case.

But if you really can't provide any more information about your
application, it's very difficult for us to provide any help.  Please
remember, however, that whether you are working on one server or
multiple servers, well-organized data will help you considerably.

	- Ed

Ed McNierney
President and Chief Mapmaker
TopoZone.com / Maps a la carte, Inc.