VS: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] gdaltindex for tif files residing on multiple subdirectories in windows enviroment

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Fri Jan 20 09:29:08 EST 2006

On 1/20/06, Rahkonen Jukka <Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it sure that gdaltindex passes the full file paths to .dbf file? I have done something like this only once, but then I had to edit .dbf file manually to put a full and valid path there. I suppose that if the IMAGEPATH in the map-file is something else than where the images actually are, then you need to have a full path to images in shape file properties.

Jukka,

gdaltindex will write full paths, if you gave it full paths on
the commandline.  In theory mapserver will evaluate
relative paths as relative to the index file, but this area often
seems to cause problems, so if you don't need to move stuff
using full paths is often simpliest.

Best regards,