Mapserver native oracle connection should not use ORACLE_HOME -parameter

Sun Jan 22 22:13:48 EST 2006

In my experience (of 2 days) the Oracle Spatial support build process
works best with it but with a quick hack of the Makefile you can work around that. The build problem is a known issue and there's bug related to this already filed (1470). That bug contains the build workaround.

Once built the support doesn't need ORACLE_HOME.

Steve

>>> Jukka Sirviö <jukka.sirvio at ARBONAUT.COM> 01/21/06 9:24 AM >>>
Hello!
MapServer native oracle connection uses ORACLE_HOME enviroment variable,
variable should point to client installation directory. If the main
database (and probaply also other oracle software, for example AS and/or
Oracle Lite) reside in same hardware then this kind of use of this
specific enviroment variable can cause problems.

My opinion is that Mapserver should work independently from ORACLE_HOME -
enviroment variable? Comment's?

-Jukka S-