JPEG2000

Stéphane RIFF stephane.riff at CERENE.FR
Mon Jan 23 10:02:23 EST 2006

I get JPEG2000 to work with mapserver, but by using the JASPER driver
because I can't get ECW SDK to compile
on redhat RS4. (I saw on ECW distrib that they suggest gcc/g++ 3.4 or
higher but I only have gcc/g++ 3.3.3 : maybe that's the problem)

To view the .JP2 file in mozilla/firefox/ie I have download the Morgan
JPEG2000 plug-in on http://www.morgan-multimedia.com .

Another question :
Is it normal that my .jp2 files files are larger than my .png fies or do
I missed some parameters ? (png ~ 400ko <-> jp2 ~ 700ko)

Unfortunaly is sounds great to deal with JPEG2000 files :)

Thanks
Stephane