New to the List

Tomasz Adamczewski tadamcz at AE.KATOWICE.PL
Mon Jan 23 22:17:37 EST 2006

Dear Puneet, dear Bob,

Thank you very much for your kind and most useful replies. Clearly, my
joining the Community was one of the best steps I could take. Of course,
I'm going to change the title of my dissertation ;-).
Needless to say, I have been browsing for materials, but apart from
technical documentation I've found very little scientific and/or
theoretical  texts on the subject. Should you know of any such text,
whether in electronic or paper form, I would very much appreciate your
letting me know.
I desperately need to known whether or not I am about to force open
doors... and this is why I need to compile as full a bibliography as
possible.

When it comes to the specificity of my project, I will certainly address
some of the issues Bob has mentioned.

First, I intend to visualize charts (indices) on the map to help users to
analyze DWH output, so I need to get to know Application Extensions. The
next step will be the supply of  DWH spatial data (but whether this works
out is the question only the future may solve). The ultimate goal of my
work would be demonstrating the existent possibilities of such an
integration and exploring new ones.

Should you know of anyone within this Community who shares my research
interests, or would be willing to share their practical experience in
solving particular problems within this field – or perhaps has
published texts dedicated to related issues – please, please, please
let me know.

Well, it is 4 a.m. in the morning in Poland and much as I would love to
explore my new Community further, I must go to bed ;-)

Thank you so much and I.ll see you in a few hours.

Tomash