Projection problems

Dave K dev at RUFFNESS.COM
Tue Jan 24 08:28:14 EST 2006

Hi there,

I am having some problems reprojecting a map.  The map comes from a WMS
server and is in espg:4236 which as I understand it means that it uses the
WGS84 datum and ellipsoid, but has no inherent projection.  I then want to
project the map using a Transverse Mercator projection (which I'm told has
the least distortion).

If I access the map without the PROJECTION clause (or with it set to
epsg:4326) the map displays fine and for some reason looks like it is in the
standard Mercator projection.

However, as soon as I include the PROJECTION clause the map becomes
completely blank.

My extents are:
  MINX=-180
  MINY=90
  MAXX=180
  MAXY=-90

... which should be displaying the entire world.

Am I missing something fundamental here?

Cheers,

Dave K

-------

MAP

  OUTPUTFORMAT
    NAME swf
    MIMETYPE "application/x-shockwave-flash"
    DRIVER "SWF"
    IMAGEMODE PC256
    FORMATOPTION "OUTPUTMODE=SINGLE"
  END