MapServer WFS (ms4w) and http POST

Jukka Rahkonen jukka.rahkonen at MMMTIKE.FI
Tue Jan 24 09:06:14 EST 2006

Hello,

  I have been trying to connect to my MapServer WFS service (ms4w
installation on Windows) with couple of WFS clients. I have succeeded in
that with MapInfo and with Cadcorp SIS Map Browser while I use "HTTP Request
Method: GET". However, with request method "POST" I can not connect. In
comparison, I can connect to WFS service at DM Solutions at
http://www2.dmsolutions.ca/cgi-bin/mswfs_gmap? with Cadcorp browser both by
using GET and POST methods.
  My problem now is that actually I would like to use my own MapServer WFS
service with OpenJUMP/deeJUMP client, which seem to use only POST method. My
best guess right now is that my connection problem is caused by something
blocking the POST requests.
  Is there any simple and reliable way to test if POST requests are going
through to MapServer in my environment? And if that is the problem what
might be the trick to make my MapServer to accept POST requests?

Regards,

Jukka Rahkonen