Problem to visualise ecw raster files on Linux

O. El Gawhary ing.elgawhary at TISCALI.IT
Tue Jan 24 09:19:00 EST 2006

Hi MapServer userlist,

I have a problem in visualisation of ecw files (of every size) with my
MapServer application and it seems I am far to solve it. I work with
php_mapscript and MapServer-4.6.2.
When I work on Linux I compile gdal with the libecw and all it's ok. I
tested gdal_translate and it works. But when I add a Layer object, in my
.map file, containing an ecw file, I can't view the image.
I have done the same under Windows, and there is not problems.
I do not understand....if MapServer knows the existence of ecw images via
gdal and gdal works fine why it do not handle this kind of images?
I hope that somebody has encountered this problem and can help me.
Thanks.
Omar