Set the background color

Dylan Keon dbkeon.ml at GMAIL.COM
Tue Jan 24 15:50:59 EST 2006

Please reply to the list if possible, that way everyone can learn from
the information :-)  Comments below...

On 1/24/06, kris rock <kris_rock82 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi dylan sorry to bother you but i have a couple more questions too, i was
> trying to set the font and the fontsize of the label on the layer but its
> giving me some errors, it might be because i am not using the correct
> syntax. I am using the following lines to set the font and font size ...
>
> $label=ms_newLabelObj($class);
> $label->font('arial');

The labelObj is embedded in classes, so you can just do this:

$class->label->set(type, MS_TRUETYPE);
$class->label->set(font, 'arial');
$class->label->set(size, 10);
$class->label->color->setRGB(64,64,64);

> i dont know how to create a new label object, could you please help me out
> in this.
> I have one more question too, how to set the filltransperancy and
> boundarytransperancy for a layer.

There isn't a separate outline transparency (as far as I know).
TRANSPARENCY affects the entire layer, including the outlinecolor.
Try this:

$layer->set(transparency, 50);

> Can i know where can i find good mapscript examples ....

That is a good question.  Probably the best source is the
mapserver-users archives, which you can access via the new MapServer
website: http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/community/mailinglists/mapserver-users/

There are also some examples under the "howto" section of the
Documentation area.

--Dylan