Question about hiding map= parameter

Tue Jan 24 23:34:17 EST 2006

The easiest way to do this is to hide individual mapfiles behind environment variables. You still need the map parameter but you point to a env variable rather than a "file". So, if in Apache's config file you do:

  setenv TESTY /ms4w/apps/Liang/hotdocs/test1.map

then you can do:

  http://.../cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=TESTY&...

If you want to obscure things even further you might want to use a small wrapper script that itself invokes MapServer with a particular mapfile.

Steve

>>>     <lltous at MSN.COM> 01/24/06 9:49 PM >>>
Hi,

I'm trying to hide the map= parameter, but the server always says "The
requested URL /cgi-bin/Liang was not found on this server". I have copied
mapserv.exe to Liang.exe and added the sentence---- SetEnvIf Request_URI
"/cgi-bin/Liang" MS_MAPFILE="/ms4w/apps/Liang/hotdocs/test1.map"---- to
httpd.conf.

Any one can give me some advice? Thank you in advance.