Mapserver and ArcSDE: issues on compiling and connecting to

Francesco Sozzi fsozzi at INTERCAD.CH
Wed Jan 25 04:02:41 EST 2006

Hi All,

I have some questions on compiling/using Mapserver on ArcSDE.

1) to compile Mapserver enabling ArcSDE do I need an ArcSDE licence or is it enough to have it installed (and of course not running)?
2) is it possible to download from somewhere ArcSDE files required for compiling for free?
3) to make Mapserver connect to a remote ArcSDE server, do I need install some sort of client on the Mapserver machine?
4) is it possibnle to get this sort of client for free or do I neeed to buy a licence?

Thanks for help and best regards

Francesco Sozzi