Turning on and off labels

Stuart Eve stuarteve at LPARCHAEOLOGY.COM
Wed Jan 25 05:09:00 EST 2006

Hi all,

I am trying to use Mapscript to turn off labels 'on-demand'. I have my
label information set up in my mapfile - but this means that they are
always drawn. I want to retain that information in the mapfile (rather
than recreating the whole thing with Mapscript), so was wondering if
there was a way to tell Mapserver if they should be drawn or not
(without turning the whole layer off!). I have tried using a 'STATUS
OFF' within the label tags, but that doesn't work (of course!).

Any ideas?

Stu

--
Stuart Eve