LABELMAXSCALE on dynamic layer datapoints

Wed Jan 25 23:44:02 EST 2006

I believe the decision to annotate is computed at a layer level so scales are not checked when you draw at the feature level. I'll have to check the code to be sure about this. There are a couple of options:

  1 - compare the scale values in your code and not send a label string if your about the scale

  2 - use the layer add feature capability to add all the points to the layer and then draw the whole layer

Option 1 is probably the easiest.

Steve

>>> Mark Brooks <mark_brooks at NCSU.EDU> 01/25/06 9:03 PM >>>
I've got a layer that I draw dynamically.  I query a database, loop
through the results, create a ms_newPointObj(), setxy() on that new
point, then draw that point on the map.  Works great.  In my mapfile, I
have LABELMAXSCALE set for the dynamic layer.  However, it has no effect
whatsoever on the labeling for the dynamic layer.  The labels are always
shown regardless of the scale.  The same method works fine with static
shape files, just not my dynamic layer.  Any suggestions?

--

   Mark Brooks
   Environmental Meteorologist

   E-mail:  mark_brooks at ncsu.edu