mapscript query question (oracle related)

Fernando Simon fsimon at UNIVALI.BR
Fri Jan 27 06:14:06 EST 2006

Hi Christopher,
This issue is related with the rownum in your data definition. The
UNIQUE parameter accepts only number, usually the primary key for the
table. The problem with rownum is because it's returns a sequence for
the number of the rows returned, but it's not a real identifier for the
row because it's can change.
The maporaclespatial driver uses the UNIQUE to get the unique identifier
for the row, but not rownum, because inside of the source code the
function that retrieve the identifier and query for the non-spatial data
is different functions. So if you use the rownum the return will be only
one.
Best regards.

Fernando Simon
Mapserver and Oracle Spatial developer
G10 - Laboratorio de Computacao Aplicada - Brazil
http://www.univali.br/g10 - UNIVALI/CTTMAR