setting variable value in mapfile {Scanned}

Siki Zoltan siki at AGT.BME.HU
Mon Jan 30 16:35:43 EST 2006

Hi,

AFAIK you cannot create variable in the map file, but you can use the
cpp (the c preprocessor) to create macro substitution.
For example
#define HIGHWAY_COLOR 123 43 112
#define HIGHWAY_MAX_SCALE 1600

	MAXSCALE HIGHWAY_MAX_SCALE
	COLOR HIGHWAY_COLOR

then
cpp map_file_with_defines > generated_map_file

Bye
Zoltan