Live weather data (was WMS Meteo)

Jerl Simpson jerl.simpso at GMAIL.COM
Tue Jan 31 10:04:57 EST 2006

I wrote something to do this for my company.  It's not too bad, but it is
fairly involved and seems to only work in the US.

You can get all the stations here:
http://www.rap.ucar.edu/weather/surface/stations.txt

These have international stations as well.
I know in the US, you can use noaa.gov to query current info for a
particular station, not sure about the EU.

Basically you have to find the station nearest the lat/lon you have, get the
Station ID, then query.  With NOAA you can get the info as XML, which is
very handy to parse out.

I know this isn't exactly what you were looking for, but might help a
little.

Jerl