draw similar layers

Adam Quiney aquiney at REFRACTIONS.NET
Tue Jan 31 14:23:28 EST 2006

Hi Krishna,

While I'm not too familiar with PHP Mapscript, I know that the ability
to do something similar to this exists within mapserver itself, so I
would assume the same functionality can be carried out using PHP Mapscript.

The analogous means of doing this in a mapfile would be to create two
Layers, both using the same dataset, but with different classes for how
to style each layer.

The first layer would look like:

LAYER
   <bunch of layer parameters go here>
   CLASS
     EXPRESSION "'[attrribute name]' eq 'name of your township'"
     LABEL
       <label parameters go here>
     END
   END
END

LAYER
   <bunch of layer parameters go here>
   CLASS
     EXPRESSION "'[attribute name]' ne 'township name'"
     <don't include a label definition>
     <other styling parameters>
   END
END

Looking briefly through the PHP Mapscript documentation (the new website
looks fabulous BTW Jeff, et al.), it appears that there is an analogous
means to do this using the PHP classes.

Hope that helps some,

--Adam

--