compiling MapServer in Win XP

Giuseppe De Rossi giuseppe.derossi at EMAIL.IT
Fri Jul 7 03:06:17 EDT 2006

Hi to everybody,
this is for me the first one, hoper I'm not offtopic.
I need a kind help in order to compile mapserver to increase the maximum
number of allowed layers.
I'm trying to compile it in winxp environment by using VC++6, I've
downloaded the libraries and compiled them ( seems ok) but when I try to
compile the server I get an error: Can't open the file iconv.h.
I've installed cygwin and this file is in c:\cygwin\something.
Now I'd like to know:
how can I solve the missing of iconv.h, is that the evidence that my
compiling process is wrong or my environment is not able to do ?
is this file linked to a library ?

to manage 800 layers, must I compile the mapserver and change the map.h ? is
there another easier way to get it ?

Thanks in advance and best regards

Giu

 Sponsor:
 Scopri RIS il sistema di ricarica infinita. Meglio delle cartucce, meglio
degli inchiostri, economico, facile da installare e da utilizzare, solo su
refill.it
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=5191&d=20060707