Using postgis to store tile index

John Preston byhisdeeds at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jul 13 05:22:19 EDT 2006

I am currently using the TILEINDEX parameter in the LAYER section of
the  map file to get tiling implemented. Is it possible to use a
postgis table to store the tile index instead of a shape file (xxx.shp
and xxx.dbf) as I may have a very large number of tile (~10,000) and I
was figuring that the postgis solution would offer better response
times.

If not does anybody know what I kight do to speed up the response time
when I have say 10000 files within a particular scale region.

John