ruby mapscript: bug in Makefile + GetCapabilities return zlitch !

Mark Lanz marklanz at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jul 13 10:33:34 EDT 2006

Sylvain,

I recently compiled Ruby Mapscript and had problems with the makefile
as well. My solution was to add the following 2 lines to the makefile:

    ruby.h: /usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/i686-linux/ruby.h
    defines.h: /usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/i686-linux/defines.h

Obviously, you would need to use the correct path to ruby.h and
defines.h in your set up. After that, it compiled fine and Mapserver
has functioned fine for me from within Ruby. I don't know if this will
fix your problem or not, but it worked for me.

Mark