Looking for an OGC Compliant WFS/WCS Server

John Schattel John.Schattel at NOAA.GOV
Tue Jul 18 16:36:58 EDT 2006

Good Afternoon All,

I would like to use a WFS and WCS server as the front end for a software
application we have that encodes our data in GML3.1.1.  From what I have
read on this list, it seems like MapServer is capable of acting as a WFS
and WCS server.  Is that correct?  Is there any reason why it wouldn't
be a good approach to use MapServer solely as a WFS and WCS servers?  If
this plan seems reasonable, where would you suggest I turn to learn how
to implement these features of the MapServer?

In advance, thanks for your help.

John

By the way, if this message duplicates an earlier post I sent, please
pardon the extra mail.  I got the following message, but never saw "the
original message" show up on the list.

Your message  is being returned to  you unprocessed because it  appears
to have
already been distributed  to the MAPSERVER-USERS list. That is,  a
message with
identical text  (but possibly with different  mail headers) has been
posted to
the list  recently, either by  you or  by someone else.  If you have
reason to
resend this message to the list (for instance because you have been
notified of
a hardware failure with loss of data),  please alter the text of the
message in
some way and resend  it to the list. Note that altering  the "Subject:"
line or
adding blank lines at  the top or bottom of the message  is not
sufficient; you
should  instead add  a  sentence or  two  at  the top  explaining  why
you  are
resending the  message, so that the  other subscribers understand why
they are
getting two copies of the same message.