FW: Michigan Georef Projection Problems in Proj4

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Tue Jul 18 18:21:46 EDT 2006

Clever, Max wrote:
> Frank,
>
> First, to answer your question, the parameters Melita offered are not
> accurate enough and are not the true parameters of the Michigan Georef
> Projection.  Also, the translation from EPSG to PROJ4 is not correct.  I
> don't think Proj 4 supports a point azimuth method transformation for
> Hotine oblique Mercator (Rectified Skew Orthomorphic Projection)

Max,

OK, well implementing new projection methods is definately Gerald's
area, not mine.  So if you can interest him in it, then things should
be good.   I just not competent to do it.

Best regards,