Character recognition question

Gambin Dejan Dejan.Gambin at PULA.HR
Wed Jul 19 03:42:45 EDT 2006

Hi,

I don't know if I make a silly question, but I am interesting if there
is any possibilities/solutions to enable character recognition on the
raster data in MapServer?

I have made all my municipal cadastral data (scanned and geocoded)
available on a MapServer site (on my local network). The rasters have
many numbers (cadastral plots identification numbers) and it would be
great if there were any chance to search for them on a map....or am I
asking for an impossible thing??

thanks very much for any information on this

dejan