Failed to draw layer error with mysql points

Sarah Parrott parrott.sarah at GOOGLEMAIL.COM
Tue Jul 25 12:52:08 EDT 2006

Hi,

 I've tried shp2img, and to start with it couldn't find the path but I found
it in the mapserver directory. When I issue this command:
/usr/local/mapserver-4.8.3/shp2img -m dartmoor_points.map test.gif

I get the following error:

msDrawMap(): Image handling error. Failed to draw layer named 'test_gis'.
msOGRLayerOpen(): General error message. OGR support is not available. <br>

so presumably I haven't compiled it with OGR support? But I don't understand
because I include --with-ogr and --with-gdal when I compile mapserver. Using
--help on the gdal configure.sh doesn't list anything for --with-ogr for
gdal so how do I include ogr? Or is that not the problem? I have succesfully
used ogrinfo on other files which makes me think that OGR is installed.

Any ideas on what is wrong?

Thanks,
Sarah