bug in GML writer for multipoints

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at LOSKOT.NET
Wed Jul 26 06:24:35 EDT 2006

Eijnden, Bart van den (AGI) wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> when Mapserver (we use 4.8.3) writes a multipoint, it writes:
>
> <gml:MultiPoint srsName="EPSG:28992"> <gml:Point>
> <gml:coordinates>139190.125000,461492.869000</gml:coordinates>
> </gml:Point> </gml:MultiPoint>
>
> This is not correct according to the GML schema, it is missing
> gml:pointMember in between.

I'm not a MapServer developer but just to sleep well ;-) I checked if
this problem applies to the OGR. And it does not :-)
OGR outputs correct schema of MultiPoint geometry in GML 2

After quick look at the MS code, the problem is in mapgml.c file, in
function gmlWriteGeometry_GML2. This function constructs GML geometry
output and it does not include gml:pointMember for MultiPoint.
Other Multi* geometries should be OK, with *Member elements included,
as I see in the code. So, only MultiPoint is broken.

BTW, there is also gmlWriteGeometry_GML3 function which does output
gml:pointMember element.

Best regards
--
Mateusz Loskot