NQuery or Query with overlapping planning regulations

Manfred Meier m.meier at SPIEKERMANN.DE
Thu Jul 27 00:56:26 EDT 2006

Hello,

I'm not sure, I understood your answer totally right, so here is what I
would try:

- the user clicks a point in the map,
- on the server side your CGI-Script or anything like that identifies
with the use of mapscript that there are different regulations,
- it generates a new html-page with the multiple overlapping div's
containing the maps and the text, and the uppermost div, which is a
selection menu,
- it also creates the javascript that makes that div visible which the
user selects in the menu,
- in each regulation's div you have a button to return to the selection div.

Another solution may be not to generate the complete pages if you have
more than one regulation. You could generate with mapscript the images
which are in overlaying div's and in the text for the output page you
inform your user, what he can select and why. With the images, which are
separatly made visible the user has an overview of what he is selecting.

Manfred