Problem with MAXSCALE and STATUS on wms layer

Little, John JLittle at NRCAN.GC.CA
Thu Jul 27 13:54:27 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I'm having a problem using MAXSCALE and STATUS on a layer that I'm
accessing through wms.

Here's the situation: I have two road layers, "Roads" which I have
locally and "NTS_Roads" which I connect to through wms. I have the
MINSCALE for "Roads" set at 500000, and the MAXSCALE for "NTS_Roads" set
to 500000. Both STATUS for both layers should be ON.

The "Roads" layer does disappear when the appropriate scale is reached,
AND the "NTS_Roads" layers does show up on the legend when zoomed into
the set scale, BUT the "NTS_Roads" are not turned on. (The layer DOES
display properly when turned on).

Am I missing something in my mapfile - or is there some problem related
to wms connection?

I had experienced similar problems before with some of my local data,
but I got around the problem by using an SLD to render the layer and set
the min and maxscaledenominator tags, however I don't believe I can use
an SLD on a wms layer (I've tried and it didn't work - am I correct?).

Here's the "NTS_Roads" layer from my mapfile

#### NTS TEST ROADS ####
LAYER
  TEMPLATE "dummy.html"
  NAME "NTS_Roads"
  GROUP "Base Layers"
  MAXSCALE 500000
  CONNECTIONTYPE WMS
  CONNECTION "https://ca.nfis.org/cubewerx/cubeserv/cubeserv.cgi?...."
  UNITS METERS
	METADATA
		"wms_title"		"NTS Roads (250K)"
		"wms_abstract"	""
		"legend_type"		"layer"
		"wms_sld_body" "AUTO"
	END
  PROJECTION
    "init=epsg:42304"
  END
  STATUS default
  TYPE LINE
END

Please let me know if you know of a fix. Thanks!

John