feature attribute character coding

xslove xslove at CENTRUM.CZ
Thu Jul 27 16:19:47 EDT 2006

I use mapscript 4.2 and also throught java. I have solved this by workaround

String rawbytes = feature.getValue(1); // read raw characters
              BufferedReader reader = new BufferedReader(new
InputStreamReader(new StringBufferInputStream(rawbytes), "windows-1250"));
              String title = reader.readLine();

"show this DBF" I mean I view content in Simple DBF Viewer (Servant
Salamander Plug-In)

It is possible to get characters from mapserver data sources decoded in
Unicode?