map gps coordinates with CGI/ (java or Perl)

Joel Thompson joel at RHINOSYSTEMSINC.COM
Fri Jul 28 20:29:43 EDT 2006

Hi Guys - sorry to bug you again, but can someone give me some general
direction?

1) should I try to manipulate the map file directly through the CGI env?
If so, what would a sample map file look like to that showed, say Cities
and the lat/lon coordinates that I provide to show a route...?

2) Or do I have to use CGI (perl, php...etc.) w/ its API into the
MapScript to execute this some how? Not sure at all how to do this, so a
simple sample would be very helpful.

3) or is there some other CGI type tools that does this for me already?
IE. Just pass in a list of lat/lon pairs and it would map it out for me?

Thanks for you help... I really appreciate it,
Joel