getFeature problem

Didrik Pinte dpinte at ITAE.BE
Wed May 3 16:24:04 EDT 2006

Le samedi 22 avril 2006 à 22:58 -0500, Myunghwa Hwang a écrit :
> I'm trying to retrieve attributed values for selected polygon.
> By using python mapscript and postgis layer, I tried to get a feature by querybypoint.
> In the following code, a feature by getFeature has no bounding box.
> The minimum x, y and the maximum x, y are all -1.
> So any attribute was not retrieved.
> Anybody has any idea of this problem?
>

> def getNearFeat(qpoint, map):
>     # get query layer
>     qlayer = map.getLayerByName('blockgroup')
>     qlayer.template = 'query_result.html'
>     qlayer.tolerance = 1000 # Unit is meter
>     # query the query layer
>     qlayer.queryByPoint(map, qpoint, ms.MS_MULTIPLE, 1000)
>     numResults = qlayer.getNumResults()
>     results = qlayer.getResults()
>     # retrieve shape index for selected features
>     if (numResults > 0):
>         featAtts = []
>         qlayer.open()
>         for i in range(numResults):
>             att = []
>             query_result = results.getResult(i)
>             afeat = qlayer.getFeature(query_result.shapeindex, query_result.tileindex)
>             if afeat:
>                 for j in range(qlayer.numitems):
>                     att.append(afeat.getValue(j))
>                 featAtts.append(att)
>         qlayer.close()
>     return featAtts

FYI, i've tested your code. It's working fine with MapServer 4.4 but it
does not with MapServer 4.8 ( 4.8.3-2 debian version).

With the 4.8.2 version, the method getValue always return None, the
query_result.shapeindex always return 0. The number of results only
seems to work fine.

It seems to be a bug but maybe i'm not aware of some new things in the
api.

Didrik