MySQL join problems

William Kyngesburye woklist at KYNGCHAOS.COM
Thu May 4 17:45:32 EDT 2006

I posted a message about my experience with this a few weeks ago.
Check the archives around Apr 11.

On May 4, 2006, at 4:00 PM, Charles Theobald wrote:

> Hello,
> I'm having difficulties performing a join between a localhost
> shapefile and a remote Mysql table.  The following command works,
> performs the join and display the results. /fgs/bin/ogrinfo  /fgs/
> www/htdocs/stateplane/97service.shp -sql "SELECT * FROM 97service
> LEFT JOIN
> 'MYSQL:dreporting,host=mimir,user=****,password=*******,tables=sysstat
> us'.sysstatus ON 97service.ID = sysstatus.permit"
>
> However, I can't get the syntax right in my .map (or .ovf) file.
> Any suggestions?
> Thanks in advance.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

[Trillian]  What are you supposed to do WITH a maniacally depressed
robot?

[Marvin]  You think you have problems?  What are you supposed to do
if you ARE a maniacally depressed robot?  No, don't try and answer,
I'm 50,000 times more intelligent than you and even I don't know the
answer...

- HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy