displaying rasters with negative pixel values

Christopher Condit condit at SDSC.EDU
Fri May 5 20:59:19 EDT 2006

Hi Chris-
Can you send your map file?  I've had great success with negative raster
values when defining my own classes (Sea temperature GeoTIFF / AAI Grid,
for instance).

-Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On
Behalf Of Chris Garrard
Sent: Friday, May 05, 2006 5:16 PM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] displaying rasters with negative pixel
values

Hi all,

I have a raster data set that has values from -7 to 10 (mean minimum
temps C).  I can't get any of the pixels with values less than -1 to
display in mapserver.  I have tried using the processing directive to
scale the values and I've tried specifying classes, and neither works.
I have also tried different file formats (geotiffs and erdas .img).

Anyone know why this isn't working?

I'm using mapserver 4.8.3 and gdal 1.3.1 on solaris 10.

Thanks for any ideas,
Chris