Help needed in Raster/World file

Ed McNierney ed at TOPOZONE.COM
Sun May 7 08:08:08 EDT 2006

Raffle -

gdalinfo is telling you that the upper left corner is at (-521, -371)
but you've put (-521, 371) in your tfw file.  Given your coordinates
that shouldn't matter much, however.  Could you post your MAP file so we
can see the EXTENT and other settings you're using?  That's a somewhat
unusual-looking raster image, but it should be OK if set up properly.

     - Ed

Ed McNierney
TopoZone.com

________________________________

From: raffle peter [mailto:raffle80 at yahoo.co.uk]
Sent: Sunday, May 07, 2006 4:57 AM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Cc: Ed McNierney
Subject: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Help needed in Raster/World file

Hi
  Yeha thats fine and i ahve used the values from my gdainfo to
 .tfw file but it all the same. But if i use the mapserver demo
  application's .tif file(Which is anyway not similar to projection
  that i am using) it is coming in the browser along with other
  layer. So i assume my values in the .tfw files are wrong. I have
given the output of gdalinfo as well as the .tfw file below.

  @localhost# gdalinfo test.tif
   > Driver ....
   > Size is 1042, 722
   > Coordinate System is `'
   > Origin = (-521.000000, -371.000000)
   > Pixel Size = (1042.0000000, 742.0000000)
   >Metadata:
   >TIFF.........
   >TIFFFLAGXRESOLUTION = 96
   >TIFFFLAGYRESOLUTION = 96
   >TIFFFLAG-RESOLUTIONUNIT=2(PIXEL/INCH)
   >Corner Co-ordinates:
   > Upper left(-521.000, -371.000)
   > Lower left(-521.000, 535353.000)
   >Upper right(1085243.000, -371.000)
   >Lower Right(1085243.000, 535353.000)
   >center(542361.000, 267491.000)
And My test.tfw file for test.tif is something like this-->
  1042.0
  0.0
  0.0
  742.0
  -521
  371

 I have not used any projection statement in my
mapfile/phpmapscript.
Plz. guide me.
Raffle

On Sat, 06 May 2006 Ed McNierney wrote :
>Raffle -
>
>Zero is a perfectly nice number!  There's nothing wrong with 0.0 in
your
>world file, especially in the second and third lines.  For the vast
>majority of raster images you will find that the fourth line is the
same
>as the first line with the sign reversed, and the second and third
lines
>are 0.0.  A world file will often look like:
>
>100.0
>0.0
>0.0
>-100.0
>12345.67
>987654.32
>
>    - Ed
>Ed McNierney
>President and Chief Mapmaker
>TopoZone.com / Maps a la carte, Inc.
>73 Princeton Street, Suite 305
>North Chelmsford, MA  01863
>Phone: +1 (978) 251-4242
>Fax: +1 (978) 251-1396
>ed at topozone.com

On

/
>/uk.security.yahoo.com/> .

<http://adworks.rediff.com/cgi-bin/AdWorks/sigclick.cgi/www.rediff.com/s
ignature-home.htm/1507191490 at Middle5?PARTNER=3>

http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com