Help needed in Raster/World file

Ed McNierney ed at TOPOZONE.COM
Mon May 8 07:17:05 EDT 2006

Raffle -

If you set your LAYER to STATUS ON it won't display - you need to set it
to STATUS DEFAULT.

     - Ed
Ed McNierney
President and Chief Mapmaker
TopoZone.com / Maps a la carte, Inc.
73 Princeton Street, Suite 305
North Chelmsford, MA  01863
Phone: +1 (978) 251-4242
Fax: +1 (978) 251-1396
ed at topozone.com

________________________________

From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On
Behalf Of raffle peter
Sent: Monday, May 08, 2006 7:12 AM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Help needed in Raster/World file

Hi
    I have given the mapfile below and after modifying the value as you
suggested in
your previous, I am not getting the raster image on my final output.

Thanks in advance
Raffle

NAME "Europe"
SIZE 200 200
STATUS ON
SYMBOLSET ....."
EXTENT 2700051.860 2462746.020 3582564.801 3012459.468
UNITS METERS
SHAPEPATH " "
WEB
IMAGEPATH ""
IMAGEURL ""
END
LAYER
DATA "/usr/local/apache/htdocs/gmap/htdocs/data/europe.tif"
NAME "raster_back"
TYPE RASTER
STATUS ON
END
END

Raffle -

Zero is a perfectly nice number!  There's nothing wrong with 0.0 in your
world file, especially in the second and third lines.  For the vast
majority of raster images you will find that the fourth line is the same
as the first line with the sign reversed, and the second and third lines
are 0.0.  A world file will often look like:

100.0
0.0
0.0
-100.0