Tiling for mapserver.

Stephen Gornick sgornick at DIGICOAST.COM
Tue May 9 13:56:54 EDT 2006

If you are referring to tiles to be layered over existing Google tiles,
see Ducky Sherwood's census mashup site:
  http://maps.webfoot.com/

She did that as a project for one of her courses:
  http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~tmm/courses/infovis/projects.html#ducky

Specifically, she writes:
"I used the gd library[3] to draw the polygons (as given in the
shapefiles), filled with a color chosen based on the population (as
given population datafiles) divided by the area (as given in the shape
file). I wrote files out as PNG images."

I was trying to figure out how to get the output from shp2img to create
tile layers, but now am looking at using gd as well.

- Regards,

- Stephen