[UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] enable logfile on IIS

Fortin,Nicolas [SteFoy] nicolas.fortin at EC.GC.CA
Wed May 10 13:46:24 EDT 2006

Hi

As far as I know, my IIS doesn't log anything from WMS request but log normally from a local mapserver viewer (html template).  I don't know if it's a usual behavior...

I use an asp script to log WMS request.

Nicolas

-----Message d'origine-----
De : UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] De la part de Huub Fleuren
Envoyé : 10 mai 2006 13:24
À : MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Objet : [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] enable logfile on IIS

Hi List

I have a mapserv-4.8 compile working on Microsoft Internet Information
Server and i was looking for a way to enable the log file.

i tried ( in vain )

in the mapfile

MAP
    WEB
        LOG "d:/existingpath/filename"
    END
    DEBUG ON

(....)

END

On the Windows system level

ENVIRONMENT variable MS_ERRORFILE = d:\existingpath\filename

I gave  the IUSR fullcontrol rights on d:\existingpath\

my mapserver says:
mapserv -v

MapServer version 4.8.0-rc1 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG
OUTPUT=WBMP OUTPUT
=SVG SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER
SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT SUP
PORTS=WFS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT INPUT=ORACLESPATIAL INPUT=OGR
INPUT=GDAL IN
PUT=SHAPEFILE DEBUG=MSDEBUG

Thanks for any tips.

Regards, Huub