Help needed in ImageMap

Pratap dwija_dey at REDIFFMAIL.COM
Fri May 12 04:18:11 EDT 2006

Hi
I am trying to emulate imagemap with mapserver from the example given in http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/imagemaps/?searchterm=imagemap
I am tring to display a field from my shapefile.dbf on mouseover tooltip using the functionality of the above URL. But neither i am getting any error nor tooltip/mouseover functionality.

  My Mapfile for imagemap is:
  LAYER
     NAME "city"
     TYPE POINT
     STATUS ON
     DATA "city"
     CLASSITEM "name"
      CLASS
        NAME "CITY NAME"
        EXPRESSION /A*/
        COLOR 255 0 0
        OUTLINECOLOR 255 0 0
      END
      TEMPLATE "bodytemplate.html"
      HEADER "imapheader.html"
      FOOTER "imapfooter.html"
  END

The content of template file bodytemplate.html is.
<area shape="circle" coords="[shpxy precision=0 proj=image yf=",4" xf=","]" href="http://my.url/mypage.cfm?region=[name]" title="[name]" alt="[name]">

Q.1)What will be the exact value of href above?

The content of template file imapheader.html is.
<map id="mymap" name="mymap">

Q.2)What will be the value of id and name above?

The content of template file imapheader.html is.
</map>

I am also passing layer=city mode=nquery and searchmap=true from my .phtml file to mapserver

Q.3) I am not using separate imagemap mapfile. Whether it is needed? what will be its contents, where i should
place it ? and i am using Gmap's PHP/Mapscript engine.

Can anyone please tell me where is the problem? Also any info on this topic will highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance for any help.
With regards.
Pratap