Variable substutition on CONNECTIONTYPE OGR CONNECTION OGRVRTDatasource (odbc)

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Sun May 14 21:47:58 EDT 2006

Huub Fleuren wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> Something changed, but what is it.
>
> I'm using somthing like the following, so a ODBC datasource for a
> OGRVRTLayer with variable substitution for the CONNECTION statement.
> This works for me since i first used it in mapserv version 4.2.
>
> I compiled gdal 1.3.2 as i normally do; with Xerces, 2.7 this time.
>
> ogrinfo works on a similar ovf file without variable substutution.
>
> If i get something in the log file (this is not always the case) on this
> layer it is:
>    msDrawMap(): Image handling error. Failed to draw layer named
> 'kpxy'.
>    msOGRFileNextShape(): OGR error. SetAttributeFilter() not supported
> on ExecuteSQL() results.

Huub,

Sorry, this is my fault.  I improved error propagation in OGR and now
this error gets bubbled up to MapServer and terminates rendering of OGR
layers.  Please file a bug on the issue in the GDAL/OGR bugzilla.  This
is the same that I was recently discussing Mark Adams, and occured first
in GDAL 1.3.2.  The error propagation was a good idea, but I didn't
anticipate this particular problem with some OGR drivers and MapServer.

Best regards,