Question about querybypoint

Frederico Lucca fredlucca at GMAIL.COM
Thu May 18 09:40:05 EDT 2006

Hello list,

I'm querying a layer by point, using tolerance in meters because I need to
find some street in a point using Decimal Degrees and a range in meters.

Something like:

        layer.setSizeunits(mapscript.MS_METERS);
        layer.setToleranceunits(mapscript.MS_METERS);
        layer.setTolerance(radius);

        layer.queryByPoint(map, point, mapscript.MS_SINGLE, -1)

Comparing two radius, 100 and 50 meters, I think 50 is twice faster than
100, is this true?

What's the difference between MS_SINGLE and MS_MULTIPLE.
MS_SINGLE find one, and only one feature??? MS_SINGLE is much faster than
MS_MULTIPLE?
Supousing that I need to return the nearest street name and some streets
don't have name, is better to querybypoint with 50 meters and if the street
don't have a name find again, with 100 meters? Or find MS_MULTIPLE with 100
meters?
querybyrect or querybyshape are faster?

I need the fastest result because i need to query in 10 layers very quickly.

Thanks in advance.

Fred

--
"Everything under the sun is in tune