Drawing single point

Thu May 18 23:46:02 EDT 2006

This would work assuming the coordinate is in pixels (remove the transform line if in map coordinates):

LAYER
  NAME 'my_point'
  STATUS DEFAULT
  TYPE POINT
  TRANSFORM FALSE
  FEATURE
    POINTS 50 50 END
  END
  CLASS
    SYMBOL 'a_circle'
    COLOR 255 0 0
    SIZE 10
  END
END

To use an annotation layer you'd need to:

  - define some text for the feature
  - define a label for the class

Steve

>>> Kelly Koehn <knkoehn at HOTMAIL.COM> 05/18/06 8:00 PM >>>
What would be the proper method to draw a single point on a map?  I tried to
do a FEATURE and use the POINTS command but couldn't get it to show (in a
new ANNOTATION layer).

I read around that you have to have a symbolset but I couldn't find any
examples of this file's format so I couldn't create one.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Kelly Koehn