pixmap transparency [WAS]Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] pixmap symbol quality question

Didrik Pinte dpinte at ITAE.BE
Fri May 19 12:26:14 EDT 2006

Le vendredi 19 mai 2006 à 18:06 +0200, Didrik Pinte a écrit :

> Hi Sean,
>
> So cool, i've changed the output format IMAGEMODE from PC256 to RGB and
> it's really perfect now. I just need to change some white pixels of my
> pixmap to transparent.
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Didrik

My pixmap is a little bullet. It's red and the color palette shows no
white at all when displayed in the Gimp.

I've seen i can define a TRANSPARENT attribute to my SYMBOL giving a
index of the color palette that won't be shown.

In this case, there is no white in the color palette but all the
transparent part of the gif file appears white when rendered in the map.

I've googled a lot and read the different howto's on symbology but did
not found any interesting hints.

Do someone here have a great idea to solve the problem ?

Thanks

Didrik