message "msPOSTGISLayerRetrievePK: field length = $i"

Tim Schaub tim at COMMENSPACE.ORG
Fri May 19 17:56:20 EDT 2006

> "msPOSTGISLayerRetrievePK: field length = $i"
>
> Do anyone know how to get rid of this message?

I think you can add "USING UNIQUE gid" (or something similar) to your
postgis layer definition to get rid of this message.

Or edit mappostgis.c and recompile yourself.  I don't know when it went
away, but I think MapServer 4.8.1 had this problem (didn't check for a
debug flag before reporting that message - maybe I'm wrong about that
being a problem).

Maybe someone who knows more about mappostgis.c can give a definitive
answer.

Tim

PS - In case it's not clear, the DATA for your LAYER should be defined
with something like:
    DATA "the_geom from my_table using unique gid"
Where gid is a field of unique id's for each record.