pixmap transparency

Didrik Pinte dpinte at ITAE.BE
Sat May 20 10:47:45 EDT 2006

Le vendredi 19 mai 2006 à 18:26 +0200, Didrik Pinte a écrit :

> My pixmap is a little bullet. It's red and the color palette shows no
> white at all when displayed in the Gimp.
>
> I've seen i can define a TRANSPARENT attribute to my SYMBOL giving a
> index of the color palette that won't be shown.
>
> In this case, there is no white in the color palette but all the
> transparent part of the gif file appears white when rendered in the map.
>
> I've googled a lot and read the different howto's on symbology but did
> not found any interesting hints.
>
> Do someone here have a great idea to solve the problem ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Didrik

I've tested lots of things but this pixmap transparency does not seem to
work.

My outputformat is PNG24.

I've replaced the transparent pixels of my gif file with white (adding
the white color to the color palette of the file). Then I added
TRANSPARENT attribute to the symbol. But it's still visible.

I've tried with PNG file type for the symbol. Still not working

I've added a TRANSPARENT ON to the OUTPUTFORMAT. Then the white pixels
around the bullet are grey but not transparent at all.

What's the next step ? Using only squared symbols ?

Didrik