gdaltindex raster files (MapInfo gif + tab format)

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at MMMTIKE.FI
Mon May 22 09:50:52 EDT 2006

Hi,

Very first you can try giving the full path to your images, I mean c:\...\rasterdata\tem\*.gif. Let's see what happens.

-Jukka-

________________________________

Lähettäjä: UMN MapServer Users List puolesta: Zhonghai Wang
Lähetetty: ma 22.5.2006 16:29
Vastaanottaja: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Aihe: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] gdaltindex raster files (MapInfo gif + tab format)

Hi All,

I have a subfolder of raster files, which are in the format of gif+tab, the tab file gives the projection information for the corresponding gif file. Now I am trying to gdaltindex all these raster images, I've done it exactly following the example here:

http://gdal.maptools.org/gdaltindex.html

but I get only error messages:

>>>tem\*.gif does not exist in the file system, and is not recognised as a supported dataset name.

but all the *.gif raster files are really there. I`ve performed gdaltindex command like this:

*****
C\.....\rasterdata>gdaltindex test_tiled.shp tem\*.gif

where: the tem folder is a subfolder of rasterdata folder.
*****

thanks for any clues.

zhonghai