shapefile with z and m values

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Tue May 23 10:30:23 EDT 2006

Stuart Eve wrote:
> Mauricio
>
> You can read in those shapefiles using the OGR driver:
>
> CONNECTION "/path/to/shapefile.shp"
> CONNECTIONTYPE OGR
>
> That should read in shapefiles with z and ms

Andres,

Stuart's suggestion should get you around such a problem.

> Andres Mauricio Ramirez wrote:
>> Hi List
>>
>> I have a shapefile with z and m values, mapserver don't show me the
>> map, can mapserver read that?

But in general, MapServer should be able to read shapefiles with
z and m and just drop the extra portions of the coordinate if things
are not configured for z/m support.

If this is not the case, and you are using MapServer 4.8.3, then please
submit a bug report with test data and a test map that we can use to easily
reproduce the problem.

Best regards,